$ vs. €: what to expect this weekPosted: July 20, 2010
Those who follow me on twitter know that I closely follow the variation of the exchange rate Euro / Dollars. I am no economist, but I can read a graph and I can see in conjunction with which event variations occurs. So for your benefits, discover below some events/news/elements that will influence the relative strength of these currencies during the week:
- In the US, the number of the new House building have just been released and they are down [*]
- Still in the US, the senate is expected to extant federal unemployment benefits this week and that is going to boost the confidence of retailers
- In Europe, the results of the bank stress tests are going to be critical [*]
- The economic situation in Hungary can have a big impact on the European economy [*]
- The success of bond sells in Spain and Greece will also be an element that can influence the game – particularly if the thing goes wrong.