2012 Budget: expensesPosted: May 22, 2011
Logical counter part of the description of the resources of the European Union, here is the list of the expenses of the EU.
The Commission has carefully organized the expenses in different categories for the pluri-annual framework 2007-2013.
- Growth: this theme account for 46% of the expenditures in the 2012 draft budget. It regroups competitiveness (in particular innovation) and cohesion (for example with the European Structural Funds).
- Natural resources: this category (40% of the 2012 budget) represents the Common Agricultural Policy and the measures for the environment.
- Citizenship, Justice, Immigration (including Frontex), culture, … Just 1.3% of the 2012 budget.
- External Actions (including Lady Ashton’s service) account for just above 6% of the budget for next year.
- Finally, Administration (the money used to keep the lights on in the Berlaymont) amounts for 5.6% of the budget.
- The Commitments are the funds allocated for the Union programs and will be spent as time goes.
- The payments are the forecast bills the Europe will have to pay.